worried about my baby please help !!!

DD is 15 months old and for the last 2 weeks has really been having eating problems, every like 4 days she decides to finally eat but other than that she will ONLY eat breakfast and lunch, but now shes to the point where she will hardly even eat her lunch, she will only drink milk and water, and I have also been able to get her to eat quaker oatmeal with applesauce or yogurt in it and now for the last 4 days ive noticed she is starting to have diarrhea, like sometimes green or sometimes almost a beige diarrhea..im really worried I dont know whats wrong with her..I thought maybe it could be that shes teething and in pain? she only has 2 teeth so far and has been chewing on her fingers a little..do I need to take her to the pedi? or is it just her teething

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• TAKE HER TO THE PEDIATRICAIN NOW...
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 7:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Sounds alot like teething I have a 16 month old too who does that too. She doesn't like to eat either when she's teething, try some yogurt. Hope she feels better.
    jilliank1109

Answer by jilliank1109 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• ya I really think its teething and I looked in her mouth and even though she only has her two bottom teeth I see a white bud where one of her canines should be...so I guess thats coming in..kind of odd but I definitely see the bud..its not diarrhea everytime she poops but atleast once a day..other times its completely solid
    Anonymous

• make sure u give her pedialyte for dehydration. you can give some pediasure as a meal. try giving her banana or rice to eat. and make sure you get her check by her pediatrician. hope your baby gets well soon.
    ascora

Answer by ascora at 7:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• also at this age my daughters doctor told us that a lot of the times kids just want to play and they wont eat because they are interested in everything else. so as long as she eats something even a very little something then it is ok
    Anonymous

• Oatmeal can cause diarrhea. Milk can be irritating and does not help diarrhea. Limit her liquids, especially milk, so she eats more, and ask her doctor about it.
    Anonymous

• She only has two teeth at 15 months? That's not right. I would take her to see a dentist.

Toddlers will go through periods where they won't eat much. Cow's milk can be a problem. It can cause constipation or diarrhea. It can cause eating problems and anemia. Toddlers need to drink water. Yogurt and hard cheese may not cause the digestive problems. You may need to eliminate cow's milk for 2 weeks before you see a change and then slowly let her have some yogurt or cheese and see if she digests it ok.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I have a 16 month old and he went thru this..i would never limit there intake of fluids ever. But i would reccommend giving water, and pedilite. I would NOT do apple juice or anything that is going to make her poop more than she is. She will not starve, she will eat when she is hungry. I wouldnt worry about her not eating as i would worry about her not drinking. But you should also talk to your doctor about her diarrhea.That could be some underlying problem. Get well lil one !
    Lovingmykids3

Answer by Lovingmykids3 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I agree with anybody that suggested to take her to her doc. At least get her checked out to be on the safe side. Between the not eating normally and the diarrhea there could be an underlying problem. I'm not trying to scare you with this but when poop turns really light it is because there isn't enough bile in it. If that beige/light color becomes a regular thing it could be a sign of a liver problem. (sometimes just happens when a kid has been sick too though) Since she has diarrhea, do NOT limit her fluids. As for oatmeal, give her oatmeal if she will eat it. Complex carbohydrates are good for kids with diarrhea so things like oatmeal, potatoes, crackers, bananas....are all good things. Not so good things would be dairy and anything high sugar or high fat. Hope she feels better soon.
    Anonymous

• My daughter refuses to eat when she is sick or just does not feel good. She will not eat anything the entire time she does not feel good. She does drink her milk though and I give her some juice in between. I was worried about her not eating and the doctor said it was fine as long as she was still drinking fluids. This never lasted more than a few days though. I would probably go to the pediatrician since it has been ongoing for 2 weeks.
    brookes_mom04

Answer by brookes_mom04 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2010