meddlesome MIL!

my mother in law is constantly coming btwn my husband and I. weare stationed cross country from each other and she is always calling him complaing about me. she even went so far as to say that i was a bad mom and our son had croop. (SP?) and that i hadnt taken him in to get checked. i off course had taken our son to the doctor and he was fine wich i told dh. however he always takes her side. she is constantly comparing my ds to her two boys and how much he is like them. as if he didnt have any of me in him! she is constanly interfering in our relashionship! aaaggghhh!!!!! I JUST NEEDED TO VENT. Anyone else have an Moster in Law?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh yes sweetheart, I do. I know exactly what you are talking about! ha! I mean, it's not funny, but....Sometimes you have to just humor her and laugh off the ridiculousness. Your hubby sounds like mine in not standing up for YOU...cus that is wrong...but if she starts pushing the envelop more than you need to put a stop to it. You're lucky that you live cross country. Mother in laws tend to have this complex where they seem to be in some sort of competition with their daughter in law. I don't get it, at all because its not a competiion to me. Mine calls me a crud and if she stops by when my husband is at work (unannounced) and the house is not up to HER standards, she calls him behind my back to tell hm that i was on the computer. She is always up in our businiess, likereminding us constantly not to forget when our mortgage is due, or to pay the elctric, etc. Like we aren't adults. I could go on and on. The other day I....
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 7:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• ....had enough of three and a half years of putting up with her shit i could no longer sit back. she embarrassed me in front of guests by saying she wished i had better cleaning skills and I looked her dead in the eye and told her I wish you had a muzzle. That made her STFU pretty quickly. =]
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• LMFAO! no she doesnt live with me but she doesnt get the hint to back off either. ive tried mentioning it nicly however she does the pitty me routine. she cries and and encourages husband to not be responsible for his actions. as long as she backs him up in his immature behavior he just continues it.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like my MIL. Maybe they are related secretly.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• ah yes.....and she's thankfully out of our lives....she's the devil
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Lord yes!
    Anonymous

• I am so sorry you have a monster in law. My mother in law does not put me down directly. She does it in back handed way. I have told my husband he has two choices. He can sleep with me or his mother. Take your pick. I won.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• You have a hubby problem, NOT a MIL problem. She will only meddle in your relationship as much as your hubby allows her to. Your DH is immature, and she's taking advantage of that. You will continue to have MIL problems until your hubby grows a pair.
    I had horrible MIL problems until my DH realized that he had control over the situation. All it took was him standing up for me everytime she pulled her crap, and she eventually learned that there's only room for 2 people in this marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• My Mother in law is just like yours my husband finally just quit listining to her! She is always saying how much my son looks and acts just like his dad (Fell right out of his dads ass) ewww she makes me so mad! Shes always trying new things im a bad mom to in her eyes! Everyone except her tells me im a great mom and shes always spreading rumors about how im cheating on my husband(I have no desire to cheat have been w/him 5yrs And loving every min) she has said im giving my son up for adoption(Whatever) i love my baby boy and planning on having another wiether she likes it or not she tells me not to BREED with her son! i hate Mother In Laws! Hope things get better for ya! And anonymous my hubby stands up for me all the time she does this with everyone not just me!
    cutie_pie200619

Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 5:57 AM on Feb. 28, 2010