WHAT SHOULD I DO HELP?

I am 36weeks pregnant,& have a bladder infection but have been taking macrobid since tuesday.I was dilated to one and a half when I went to the doctor on Friday. She said it would be soon and I would do like I did with me little girl.(I had her at 36 weeks because my amniotic fluid leaked and I had to be induced) Friday night I started leaking watery stuff like the last time,I have been taking it easy laid down not over did it to see if it would stop and it hasn't.I don't know what to do because I hate going to the hospital when its not nothing and feeling like a idiot because our hospital really makes you feel like one lol I am not in pain but just have this constant leaking of clear stuff and don't know if it is amniotic fluid or if it is something due to the bladder infection

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call Labor & Delivery and just ask them what you should do

Answer by admckenzie at 7:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• like what admck...said call the hospital that you pre-registered for your delivery.
    Anonymous

• call your obgyn dr
    Anonymous

• if you have been treated for the bladder infection for 4 days, it shouldn't be causing a problem now. It's probably amniotic fluid and the ONLY way to tell is to get checked. Then you will know for sure. L&D nurses are used to that!!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• It is not the bladder infection if it was it would not be a clear liquid, your water sounds broken to me, and if they make you feel stupid screw them. Do what is best for you and the baby. You can wait 12 hours to see if labor begins, if not go in. Also please know that the 24 hour rule is bogus, 48 hours after your water breaks 97% of people start labor on their own without the need of induction drugs. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• ahh i dont understand people!! i really dont. why are you worried about what anyone else thinks!?!? MY GOD you are putting your baby's life at risk. just GO to the hospital for crying out loud. leaging amniotic fluid is NOT a good thing. get this checked out, its a SIMPLE test. if its the case you can likely do best rest if the tear is not ina very bad location. but STOP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS> your baby comes first.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I agree...the leaking is your amniotic fluid. The bladder infection wont cause you to leak watery stuff at all. And like all the above said just go to the hospital, thats what they are there for, they get payed for that . And if they give you shit then take it to there boss! Good luck !
    Lovingmykids3

Answer by Lovingmykids3 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2010