Tanning at the salon while pregnant...?

Did you do it? Or would you do it? I've heard that tanning every other day, or every 3 days is okay as long as its for short amounts of time, like 10-15 minutes. I'm not asking because I want to be tan-- I can get a spray on for that. I'm asking because I have really achey knees and joints. When I was pregnant with DD, I would literally cry constantly at night because my back and knees hurt so badly! I tanned one time while pregnant with DD, and felt instant relief for that night. I'm pregnant again, and I just want to avoid the pain if possible. I'm going to ask my Dr. ofcourse when I have my appointment on Monday, but I just wanted to see what you ladies thought also. ;)

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 7:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• nah i woulndt do it,i rather get warm towels and put them over my joints
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• tanning is expensive and if its the warmth that helps then i agree get some warm towels....tanning is safe, its just pricey
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Tanning once or twice a week for a limited amount of time is fine, it gives some vitamins as well as UV therapy to fight sadness etc, do not spray tan while pregnant the chemicals that cause pigmentation are absorbed in high amounts into the blood stream and can negatively affect the baby.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I am pregnant and just went tanning. I did it with the bed open and for only 10 minutes. I just made sure I wasn't getting too hot. It felt wonderful!
    Anonymous

• Tanning beds cause skin cancer. They are the number two biggest cancer causer after cigarettes.
    Anonymous

• i cant see it being good, bc its not real sunlite unfornually sry
    Anonymous