Plastibell circumcision question?

DS was circumcised a week ago. They used the bell method. Now it has fallen off and doesn't look like the picture they showed us. The entire penis is pushed into the skin around his penis, so you can barely see the tip of the head. I was wondering if any other mom's kids had this method and did it look like that when it fell off. I called the doctor and they want the doctor who did it to examine it because DS has a small penis and he said it looked like too much skin was cut and it could have possibly been cut into the scrotum. So my second question is has anyone had that happen?

MoM.i.aM

Asked by MoM.i.aM at 7:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Kids' Health

• if you had not had him cirucumcized you would not even have this worry would you? sigh.

you wil find out when you see the dr if your choice has permeneantly harmed your child's organ or not.so sorry momma
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Well if I wasn't going to not circ already I most certainly won't now, that is awful you need to get him looked at so he doesn't get an infection or something else.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• My son had the plastibell and I can't see how it possibly could have cut into the scrotum. Join the proud moms of circumcised boys group and ask your question there. If you ask here you will get misinformation and people will bash you for having it done. The moms in that group are very knowledgeable.

Anonymous

• Stop trying to scare her!!! The chances are damage done during a circumcision are very small. And the the plastibell method involves less cutting than other methods. You have not damaged your son.Chances are that's what his penis was like before the surgery. He could just be cold. Put him in a warm bath and see what happens.  And it sounds nothing like an infection.

Anonymous

• not trying to scare her. the flat truth is circumcision DAMAGES the penis. flat out. period. you are removing over 50 thousand nerve endings for NO reason at all except vanity. the damage that can be caused BY circumcision is a much much higher happening thing that most moms are told. its sad really.

I cannot fathom it. if my son were told he had a small penis to begin with i certianly would not go about removing MORE OF IT!! GOOD GRIEF what people do for vanity.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• at 6:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 by: Anonymous
    Stop trying to scare her!!! The chances are damage done during a circumcision are very small. And the the plastibell method involves less cutting than other methods. You have not damaged your son.Chances are that's what his penis was like before the surgery. He could just be cold. Put him in a warm bath and see what happens. And it sounds nothing like an infection
    ***************
    Exactly right,anon. I can't believe how mean that was to suggets her baby boy has been permanently damaged. What a conceited and hurtful person.
    Sati ... you need to apologize to her.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Circumcision is NOT done for vanity and the penis itself is not damaged. It is a piece of skin, a piece that is not going to damage the penis. I can't believe how mean you are!!!!!
    Anonymous

• "I cannot fathom it. if my son were told he had a small penis to begin with i certianly would not go about removing MORE OF IT!! GOOD GRIEF what people do for vanity."

For vanity? Really? Some may do it for that, but not most. Your answer is ill informed and flat out mean. If you think removing the foreskin made the penis smaller you need an anatomy lesson.

Anonymous

• Glad to see someone slaughtering my religious beliefs. It is not done in our family because of vanity.
    MoM.i.aM

Answer by MoM.i.aM at 8:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Sati, this is the second post I've read in 5 minutes where people were complaining about your mean responses. No matter the topic you seem to go out of your way to be harsh.

Anonymous