not invited to grandsons party

so my stepdaughter and I both have kids the same age. she just had her sons birthday party I only found out because she put on her facebook status that they had fun at the birthday party and went on to thank everyone for showing up
I am so flipping mad and hurt...my son misses his nephew and I just am trying so hard to not write something sarcastic and hurtful on her facebook status...her mil is also on my friends list and that bitch also wrote about her grandsons party...and it's only a matter of time before the pics are on facebook...which will really hurt because then I will know what it is we missed.
I knew his birthday was coming up and bought gifts...I want to return them or something...I am just so mad I want to take a "shot" just to calm down but not sure to go that route, cuz then I WOULD get nasty on facebook
My husband has no comment..he's a guy he's going to stuff his feelings.
What do I do with my anger?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• if it were me I would kill them with kindness. I would purposely go over to their home, bring the gifts and tell her how awful your son felt about missing the party. And then I'd bring up how terrible it made you feel that you weren't notified of the party. By bringing over the gift and being super nice will really hurt worse than cursing and yelling and being belligerant. Not to mention you're the one in a position of power then....you've not done anything wrong and been nothing but loving.....on the other hand your step daughters actions are questionable!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• well it wouldnt be very grown up to say something to her on FACEbook now would it? be an adult and ignore it. yeah it was hurtful, but what would you like to do? Confront the mother about it? that would just cause major problems and it seems like she already doesnt like you, you dont want to push yourself further away from your family right?
    Anonymous

• the gifts you bought were for HIM, not for the women who excluded you. so no, dont return them. give them anyways. and DONT post nasty crud on facebook. was what they did hurtful? yup. wrong yup. but you cannot change what is. rise above it. put the child first.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I would calm down. First of all (lol). I think thatyou should call her and ask her flat out, in a nice, easy tone, why you weren't invited to the party. In all honesty,she must not like you or have something against you that you deserve to know!
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• well first what is the issue in your relationship with her? obviously there is one or you would have been invited to it, there is more background here than just not being invited. or did she think you already knew about it? did she talk toy your husband about it?
    sorry not trying to be a bitch, but there is more to this than just a sudden no invitation to your grandsons birthday party.
    jessil83

Answer by jessil83 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I'm sorry but I'm not seeing the reason for all that anger. Yes they were rude for leaving your son out but it's not worth blowing a gasket over. Why would you be on her FB page checking her out anyway? Maybe you should spend more time with your son and leave her alone to live her life as she sees fit.
    Anonymous

• I agree 10% with Sati, you bought those gifts for him and taking them back is punishing him for his mom's behavior. If you must say something, say something along the lines "I must have forgotten his party was this day" That way you can find out if she invited you and you forgot or she did it on purpose.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• haha 100% with Sati how funny.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Delete your Facebook account and return the gifts. Ignore them.
    Anonymous

• : truealaskanmom

*thud* me passing out in disbelief and shock!! LOL
    it was bound to happen at least once! LOLOL
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2010