question

I have 5 boys and 1 girl I need need a 4 bedroom home. My question is how do I arrange them by the bedroom? I know my daughter is getting her own room. But the boys there ages are 15,10,7,5,4. I don't want bunk beds if I can help it.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 8:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• The two older boys together and the two younger together. They have trundle beds, if you don't want bunk beds and don't have much space. In a trundle bed set up one bed stores under the other during the day. It would be nice, if you have room, to separate the childrens' beds by putting them on separate sides of the room with the desks and dressers down the middle, perhaps.

Answer by Bmat at 8:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• oops. I see there are 5 boys. Then I'd put the two older together and the three younger together.

Answer by Bmat at 8:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• one bedroom for you
    one for the girl
    that leaves 2 to split between the 5 boys...
    bunk beds will be a necessity in one of the 2 rooms. Unless the room is HUGE 3 beds probably won't fit.
    Anonymous

• Yep, you're going to have to get bunk beds unless there's a huge room, and you don't put any dressers in the room. Even if you had 2 twin beds and a trundle under 1 it'd be sooo tight.
    Anonymous

• Depending on the layout (windows, doors, closet, etc.) and the size of the rooms, you might need to give up your master bedroom (usually the largest) to put the three younger boys into--and giving them their own platform or captain style twin beds with built in storage drawers underneath, so you don;t have to buy dressers, and use the existing closet as toy storage by installing an inexpensive closet organizer system.

The 2 older boys could probably get away with extra long twin beds and be in a medium sized room. Your daughter should get the smallest room, and you the second smallest.

How did you manage with 6 kids in your last residence?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:45 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• My daughter sleep in a crib in my room, the four boys share a room,and the oldest sleep on the couch. I had to throw some of mattress away.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:40 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• seriously for the boys bunk beds will be fun and the best solution. put the seven year old on top, make sure he has the side so he wont fall off. it saves room and while theyr are young they will enjoy it. i had one when i was little and LOVED it. if you desided not to do that then keep your daughter in your room with you, the 15 year old by himself and then split the younger boys up according to age.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 12:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2010