Unbelievable

So I had a gyno appt yesterday. Hadn't been feeling quite right "down there". Found out I had contracted an STD. I have not cheated on my husband at all. The gyno said I would have had to gotten it from my husband. How would you confront him? What would you do? We've been married 10 years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh wow, that is hard. Have you ever suspected he cheated? Is this a STD that could lay dormant for years and then show up. I am not sure which STD you have but it is possible. I would just ask him about it, tell him you went to the Dr and found out you have a STD and see what he says or how he acts.. I am not sure if this will help you or not. Hell, arrange for a lie detector test if you don't believe him. Wish I could be more help..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I am so sorry first of all, now if I told you what I would do, you would probably get arrested. But you must confront him for sure!!!
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I would let him know right away in very wise terms that you have seen a doctor and got news that you have an STD. Let him know what needs to be done to get rid of it and let him know that he must be tested as well.

The 2 things are separate. I would deal with the physical issue right away and the emotional/straying issue will take more creativity.

Hugs to you and here is to everything healing. Body and Heart.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 8:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• You both need to get treated. You need an attorney

Answer by rkoloms at 8:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• thats hard to deal with...but you have to tell him about it...then get treated and divorce his ass.
    Anonymous

• It depends on the STD. Some infections can be an STD or they can just be an infection that you get because of the changes in your body from being pregnant. For example yeast can be sexually transmitted or you can just get a yeast infection. I would need to know the specific infection to know for sure if you could have only gotten it from your husband.

You can have some bacteria that you got years ago from someone else. It's possible. HPV can be from years ago. Before you go blaming your husband you need to be sure.

I had problems with all kinds of infections while I was pregnant. I had yeast, HPV, something that was then called non-specific vaginitis (it's had about 10 names), and other infections.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I'd tell him to go to the doctor and get checked and to tell whoever he got it from to get checked too. I had an x who brought me stds and the health clinic would call me if he found it and got treated first. It has to be reported. If my doctor found out first I'd call him and tell him that he gave me (*whatever he gave me) and to sleep with one eye open.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• God can heal you, just thank him you found out early and pray for direction in your life. Listen to Third Day song called Revelation, I do feel for you.

Confront hubby out of love do not go on emotion go cry it out first without him cont. to take good care of yourself ...Jesus is with you and loves you!
    mommymadness30

Answer by mommymadness30 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• HPV can be caught from the tolit seat. So which STD do u have?
    Anonymous

• make sure it sexually transmitted not toilet seat, pregnancy, or another man .. if so I would take him to the gyno with you & let the doctor tell him what you have or had ask the doctor if it can lay doormat for years , plus any other questions you have.. & talk to your hubby there about it let him know your not cheating, but he must be. (or did)
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2010