craigslist pick-up... what would u do?

if you were donating, free, items of real value (a crib, a double stroller, a sun faded little tikes slide, etc) to a person who on email & phone represented themselves as a struggling single mother and showed up with french tips, highlighted hair, driving an Audi Suv with two Britax carseats in the back... and offers to "tip" you to load the stuff for her.... then what?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 9:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Or just say I am sorry but I am not donating anymore sorry. I would want to tell her to kiss of for being a liar.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I would say oh sorry I really can't give this stuff away for such a cheap price.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I don't know...I certainly wouldn't want to give the things to her, but I don't know if I would speak up since we arranged for her to be there and she was there to get them. I might be a little afraid that she would do something if I didn't give them to her since she knew my address then...
    Anonymous

• Yikes. Next time donate to something like Safe Nest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I am irritated when people say on craiglist only for someone in need. Then donate to a shelter.
    Anonymous