wheres a good place to live in south carolina.. near goose creek navy base.

my soon to be husband will be stationed in Goose Creek Sc sometime in aug.. i have started researching the area but it would be alot easier if i could ask questions to someone who has or still does live in area.. We have two small children one who will be in kindergarden so the area where we will have to live has to be safe and great school district... any ideas about where to start looking for houses, apartments, schoosl and people with the same things in common in the area as us would be greatly appreciated...

thank you..

evanslilmomma

Asked by evanslilmomma at 9:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Travel

• I live in Goose Creek. Do not live in the area directly outside of base. Have friends that are EMTs and also cops and thats a high crime, drug, gang area. I live other side of town and it's very quiet in my housing developement. Down 176 they just built two new apartment complexes and also building a new development. Message me I'll send info. Also know a great realtor.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• Have you looked into actually living in housing? Is it his first duty station? Goose Creek itself does have nice housing but as the last person said you would not want to live immediately around the base. I was just thinking that on base has an elementary school and it is a great place to meet wives that have similar things in common. Most of the hosing if I remember correctly is duplexes with decent size yards. You would also be right near base. How long will your husband be stationed there?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• When I left Goose Creek (Halloween 2008), they were tearing down the base housing and building all new housing. You might want to look into that because it was looking really nice. Otherwise, I'd look into Summerville. Good luck, I miss it so much!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• most housing on the Weapons station is renting to any government worker now. At least the onces by the commissary. Rest of housing I have never seen.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2010