at hospital after having baby........

will i be allowed to put my daughter's own clothes on her or do they prefer to use theirs? and what is the best things to bring TO dress her in IF I am allowed to?

I mostly have newborn things set aside like the side button up shirts and little pants...and some onesies i believe.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• She's yours. you can dress her in what youd like. i just kept my kids in a diaper and the hospital shirt swaddled in a blanket until we went home. but its what you want for your baby. congrats!!!
    Anonymous

• I brought a sleeper and a onsie as her take home outfit. 2 sleepers each a different size just in case.
    Anonymous

• You can dress as you please but with both of mine I ither had them in a diaper and swaddled in a blanket the entire time, or just a onsie, until I dressed them for the hospital photo and the ride home.
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• You can do what you like. I chose to keep mine in the undershirt onsie thingy from the hospital and swaddled in the hospital blankets. Those first diaper changes and blow outs can be brutal on clothing and blankets, so I prefer to ruin the hospital's stuff instead of mine while we were there.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• you can do whatever you want. she's yours, not the hospital's. we dressed our son in the hospital's onesies until the day we went home and then we had just a regular warm outfit because it was october.
    Anonymous

• you can do whatever you want its YOUR baby..but i brought a few outfits for my son and non of them ended up fitting hes was to big. they est. him to be about 6lbs even and he was 9lbs.. he didnt even fit into newborn diapers right from the get go he was in size 1's. but yes you can do whatever you want its your baby.
    Anonymous

• As a nurse, let me tell you, it is sooooo much easier if you dress the baby in a gown (ie open at the bottom just tuck their legs in.) They are easy access and easier for the staff, the new mom and dad and everyone involved. Trust me you just gave birth you dont want to mess around with a 60 snap onesie in the dark hospital room. If you don't know what I'm talking about they are unisex and look like this: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/179-0940716-1116641?asin=B001L1XE0U&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=|B001L1XE0U&CPNG=baby&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001 You can get them at Walmart for about $10. Also don't under or over estimate the size of the baby. Most newborns wear either premie or newborn sizes. My son was 7 lbs 2 oz and wore premie clothes for six weeks.
    Anonymous