if your on your period and your SO came inside of you, can you get pregnant?

My friend just asked me and I have no idea. Besides I personally think its gross to have sex on your period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• HOW NASTY !
    Anonymous

• Yes you can get pregnant even on your period, ovulation isn't always precise and sperm can live in the body for up to 5 days.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Ovulation is usually 14 days after the start of your period. If your period was for around 14 days and you ovulated while still bleeding then you could get pregnant. If you had wierd cycles you might ovulate early.

Stuff happens. There are so many women in the world all kinds of things happen. Women that have twins with two different fathers. You can get pregnant and be a virgin if the sperm are really good swimmers.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:44 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• my boyfriend and i were on a week long romantic getaway together, i was so pissed when i got my period that week but we did it anyway and I ended up pregnant so ik from experience it can happen
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• It depends on when you ovulate. Ovulation occurs 11-16 days before the first day of your period, and you're fertile for up to 5-6 days before that. So if you have a short cycle and/or a long period, it might be possible to get pregnant on your period. Specific example: if you have a 21-day cycle, ovulate on day 7, your period lasts 4 days, you could potentially get pregnant on your period.

But most women's cycles aren't that short, and the most fertile time is within 2-3 days before ovulation, 5-6 days before is possible but not very likely.

So short answer: It's possible but not likely for most women.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• probably not but you know what I know a couple who got pregnant when they both were tied!!
    It's all up too God if you should be blessed with a little one
    Anonymous

• yes, sperm stays alive 7-10days.
    bobowazhere

Answer by bobowazhere at 10:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• It's very unlikely, but it's possible.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2010