Recipe for crockpot?

Looking for a yummy crockpot recipe besides roast, lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• heres one for beef stew. you'll need 2 bottles of swanson beef broth, two packages of gravy mix, corn starch, frozen vegetables, potatoes, and stewing beef

-pour the broth, gravy mixes, and 2 tablespoons of corn starch into the pot, stir and turn pot on high
    - get a pan and brown just the outside of the meat with your favorite seasonings(i like just salt and pepper), put aside
    -cut the potatoes into small cubes and sautee them with some seasonings(i use salt, pepper, and garlic powder), for about 5 min or so on low heat
    -take meat, potatoes, and vegetables and put them in the crock pot and let it cook for about 5 hours
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Sounds good. thank you
    Anonymous

• you're welcome...you can do basically the same thing minus the corn starch, and gravy mix and use chicken and chicken broth to make chicken soup...serve that with, garlic, italian, or french bread, it's to die for
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Join the crockpot group.
    Anonymous

• i didn't know there was one hahaha...
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• There are at least three slow-cooker recipe groups on CafeMom. I use my slowcooker a few times a month, mostly for chili. If you send me a message offlist, I will be happy to send you some recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:00 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Steak & Gravy

* 2 to 2 1/2 lb. round steak, cut into serving size pieces
    * 1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
    * 1/4 cup water
    * 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup

Place steak pieces in crockpot. Add rest of ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Swiss Steak

* 2 lbs. round steak, cut into serving size pieces
    * 2 Tbsp. flour
    * 1 tsp. salt
    * 1/8 tsp. pepper
    * 2 to 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
    * 1 16 oz. can diced tomatoes
    * 1 small onion, diced
    * 1 small green pepper, diced
    * 1 stalk celery, sliced thin
    * 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce

Mix flour, salt and pepper. Coat steak pieces with flour mixture and brown on both sides in hot oil. Place pieces in crock pot. Mix rest of ingredients and pour over steak. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
    michiganmom116

• Crock pot Salsa Chicken

* 4 to 6 chicken breasts
    * 32 oz. salsa (2 16 oz. jars)
    * 1 15 oz. can corn, drained
    * 1 16 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed

Lay chicken pieces in bottom of crock pot. Top with rest of ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours until chicken is done. Serve with rice, or with flour tortillas, sour cream, black olives, tortilla chips, etc.
    michiganmom116

• Baked Beans

* 1 lb. dry navy beans (I've also used black-eye peas or great northern beans)
    * 6 cups water
    * 1 small onion, chopped
    * 3/4 c. ketchup
    * 3/4 c. brown sugar
    * 3/4 - 1 c. water
    * 1 tsp. dry mustard
    * 2 Tbsp. molasses
    * 1 tsp. salt

Soak beans in water overnight in large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer until soft, about 1 1/2 hours. Drain and discard water. Mix together all ingredients in crock pot. Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours.

Note: I often soak the beans the day before, cook them and then cook in crock pot overnight.

Note: I sometimes add sliced hot dogs or ham to the mixture. When I do this I reduce the salt to 1/2 tsp.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 28, 2010