swollen feet after giving birth. Any suggestion to help the pain and swelling?

swollen feet after giving birth. Any suggestion to help the pain and swelling? Also how long does this last? They seem to be getting worse and worse!

babyphillips210

Asked by babyphillips210 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had the same problem. They were HUGE!!! It takes about a week or so and it helps to keep your feet elevated.
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 9:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Drink a lot of water! Might seem weird because you're already bloated but it actually helps flush the "bad stuff" out. I had the same problem to and it took about 2 or 3 days for the swelling to go down.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:11 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I had that with my son, what helped was to stay hydrated and to keep my feet elevated. It did eventually go away.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• i was so swolleen for two weeks! they told me law off salt itd prevent the soreness.
    bobowazhere

Answer by bobowazhere at 10:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• my swelling lasted 3 weeks i was horrified and even went to the Dr. They couldn't do anything because I was breastfeeding. i just elevated them as much as possible and drank plenty of water. I also massage them trying to get the fluid to go up and out!
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I thout it was weird my feet NEVER swelled during pregnancy, but did just after delivery. It resolved quickly. Good to know I'm not the only one!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:17 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Mine blew up like balloons after my son was born. They were frightening looking. My MIL and mom are both nurses. They said it was from all of the IV fluids I had in the hospital. They told me to lay on the couch and really really elevate my feet.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:58 AM on Feb. 28, 2010