aahh media...

how loyal you are to drama and making things look worse than it already is. how amazing how there can be a 7.0 earthquake in Japan, but because there was nobody hurt you mearily mention it, but yet you mention the 8.8 earthquake and the 6.3 quake, because people were hurt and killed. now all of a sudden you're interested in Japan though, because people may be in danger. you were all over Hawaii, and instead of celebrating they weren't impacted the way you 'hoped' and made it seem, all you're doing is asking people how worried and scared they were, and talking to people in Chile.

anyone agree? how terrible is that??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I live in California. I'm not concerned about earthquakes here where no one is hurt. It's a blessing, but not cause for concern.

Earthquakes where people die deserve enough recognition and respect for the dead. It's a awful way to die.
    Anonymous

• Maybe because the places that people were hurt in would need help

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I did actually notice this. I logged onto CM long after the fact, but the "Turn on your TV, wave about to hit" question had a lot of answers when it was still a possibility. After things died down, there is only ONE answer. When I was reading through it, I was thinking "Seriously? Nobody had anything to say after the fact? Not even a 'Thank goodness!'"?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

So maybe the media is taking its cut from its audience who doesn't seem to care unless there is more destruction and death??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• just because people weren't hurt doesn't mean they won't need help. houses and building destroyed, people's things were lost.
    Anonymous

• So maybe the media is taking its cut from its audience who doesn't seem to care unless there is more destruction and death??

that's what's wrong with people today. instead of being thankful all they're looking for is death and destruction. what a great nation we live in. the media needs to show the NEWS not only things people want to hear.
    Anonymous

• This will tell you a little about the media, I didn't know there was a quake in Japan. When did that happen?
    Anonymous

• it happened yesterday. they're expecting a tsunami now...NOW they're interested in Japan...
    Anonymous

• Sorry, I'm only just now interested because I just now heard about it. How could I have been interested if I had not even heard about it before? that's crazy!
    Anonymous

• I understand that we should care about those injured and hurt, but how is that any more important than what happened in Japan? Just because there wasn't a lot of death and destruction, doesn't mean it doesn't deserve proper coverage. Don't you think people there were a little freaked out about it? What if a 7.0 happened off the coast of California, yet little occurred? You people would be whining if the international media didn't cover it.

Anonymous