what to do with temper tantrums

My 2 year old has been having these bad temper tantrums, i get really worried that maybe she's in pain butim no sure, because sometimes they go away with a distraction, she onley had like 3 or 4 but i was wondering if any one else has a child around the same age that does the same thing for no reason, and what do you do. When she does this she throws her self on the ground kicks screams crys and almost doestn care if she hurts herself, i get really worried that it could turn into some kind of attack....she is terrified of dolls specialy is they talk or walk and manikins they make her scream and tremble, the other day she went to mcdonalds and there was a ronald mcdonald statue sitting there, while all the other kids her age played and sat on his lap she had some sort of pannik attack like she started screaming to the top of her lungs and trembling, what couls this be?? a phobia

cristina1226

Asked by cristina1226 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• temper tantrums start out experamental......they are testing to see if you will react. if you dont she probably wont have more than a few tantrums period. if you let them frustrate you or you give her any reaction at all because of the tantrum....she will learn they get her attention and they may become a regular thing. do your best to completly ignore a tantrum and she will have no reason to throw a tantrum.....if it gets you nowhere you wont do it right?
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• my dd is like that and i get so embarrass whenever she does it in public. distracting her with a toy works for me. get your dd check by her pediatrician if you're really worried.
    Anonymous

• if she is scared I would try to talk to her.. don't worry he is nice, or don't worry it can't hurt you.. one of my kids went through this instead of avoiding what she was afraid of we faced it head on & she out grew the fear.. if she is throwing tantrums because of fear I would comfort her & tell her not to be scared, but if she is doing it over nothing ignore the tantrum give it no attention at all.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• How about a Roll of Duct Tape & a Length of Rope....ROFLMAO!
    Anonymous