I'm looking to change my sons formula how do I gradually do this?

He's on Gentlease ( Enfamil) which is for gas & fussiness now that he's 5 months I thought about switching him to regular formula which is way less expensive any help would be greatly appreciated : )

PS: My friend uses BJ wholesale club formula the ingredents are akmost identical to Enfamil!!

sissaymay

Asked by sissaymay at 10:09 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just switch it. don't freak out when he has green poop though lol. that's normal when you switch it
    Anonymous

• If you want to do it gradually, make a bottle with 1 ounce of the new and the rest of the old. After a few days, go to 2 ounces of the new and the rest old. Few more days, 3oz new, etc. Or you can switch "cold turkey" but don't expect him to react well to that change. Just be prepared for him to not tolerate it. One of my kids was on gentlease til a year old, but was then able to switch to whole milk with no problem - but he could not tolerate any regular formula. I used the parent's choice version to help the cost. It was worth it though to have a happy baby!
    Anonymous

• i had to change my daughter formula 3times, and they told me just to change it in one bottle. no mixing or doing halfs it will cause them to get the ruins. they said some formula makes them have problems going number 2, they do prune juice to fix it.
    Anonymous