why is it that the only approved allergy med for babies costs 16$!!!?

little allergies by little remedies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that's the reason. because they're the only ones approved. they can make the price whatever they want.
    Anonymous

• $16 is no big deal.

My son takes a med that is $25 a pill.

I have to have IV medication every 3 weeks that costs at least $20,000. That's if I get it at home or an infusion suite. If I have to go to the hospital for it then it's even more. Sometimes all three of my sons also have to have the IVs. They are adults now. When they were 8, 5, and a baby we all had to have the IVs every 3 weeks and they got theirs at a children's hospital.

The year my youngest son was born I maxed out my $1 million Blue Cross. I was hospitalized a lot of the pregnancy. Diagnosed with the disease with the expensive medicine and with cancer. A very bad year.

We think $16 is nothing.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• There's more expensive prescription stuff. If it's that bad don't use it. Babies aren't supposed to have stuff like that anyway.
    Anonymous

• What is the active ingredient? It's possible there is a generic brand of it. Also, your doctor could prescribe something if you have good rx coverage.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:43 AM on Feb. 28, 2010