how soon after sex can you knw if your pregnant?

how long does it take to find out if your preg. after you have sex? other then missing a period? with my first i didnt even know i was prego till about 2 mths into the pregnancy...and if you get morning sickness and other symptoms when do they start to show? thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i knew about two weeks after. i waited a week to make sure i wouldnt have my peroid!
    Anonymous

• two weeks is the earliest you can take a test. morning sickness for me started at 6 weeks and continued into my 5th month...it was beyond morning sickness, it was 24 hours...i needed a prescription just to eat a small meal a day. boobs hurting starts at about 6 weeks too but only lasts for a few weeks
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• ok cause like i said honestly with my son i didnt even know i was prego i still was bleeding and tought it was my period. and as for "morning sickness" i just had nausea *Thank God* im hoping i dont have vomiting with this pregnancy if i am pregnant....thanks!
    Anonymous

• i think im about 3 wks. and a few days, i just feel sick to my tummy gaggy like, and i get these head aches for like seconds at a time then they go away. and i have a blue vein on my left boob that is showing.
    Anonymous

• I saw on TV one test that you can do 5 days before your expected period.

I always knew because I took my temp every morning and charted it. You can tell when your period should start and I did it for so long I would know as soon as the second day of my missed period. That was before hpt.

I went to medical lab tech school in 1974. Modern urine pregnancy tests had just come out. It was a tube test that took like 10 min. Before that they did pregnancy tests with male frogs. You inject urine and then wait a day. You make the frog pee and if there are sperm in the frog pee then the woman is pregnant! Frogs could only be used once.

We came a long way in 25 years from frogs to hpt. I just thought the history of pregnancy tests might be be fun for others.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Gailll - i never knew that thats crazy!
    Anonymous