the risk of a mc

ok so i know after 12-13 weeks the risk drops alot but iv seen alot of ppl saying they lost the baby at 20 weeks??but if its suposed to go down so much why are there so many ppl??i cant wait till12-13 weeks and now im scared i have to stress the whole pregnancy!it kinda makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry!:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Dont stress it to much sweetie. Its scarey I know I was in the same place..My friend and I was the same weeks preggo and she mc and I was so scared I was going to as well. She was almost three months. Its just something that happens and stress does not help the situation. Trust that the good lord will do whats best.
    Anonymous

• 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage. 85% of miscarriages take place before 12 weeks. That means that AFTER 12 weeks your chances are 3% or less of losing your baby.

I know it's very scary, trust me, I'm a ball of nerves in the first trimester! But it's going to be okay. It's a hard time to get through. The reason you're seeing so many women losing their babies later on is because you're scared of it. When you're afraid of something you keep looking for it. When I was pregnant with my first I had to leave the pregnancy groups because it seemed like at least 90% of the women were losing their babies :(

Just do your best to relax and not worry so much, mamma!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• The best thing you can do for your baby is not stress. Also, don't go out of your way to read/hear stories about miscarriages. Likely, you're going to carry this beautiful baby through, and there is NOTHING good to be done by worrying. Be happy mama!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:01 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I just posted the same question because I have the same fears (newly confirmed pregnancy :) All your answers were very sweet and helpful so I'll try to heed the advice.
    sophiea

Answer by sophiea at 12:39 AM on Feb. 28, 2010