Any Advice on my husband having multiple online affairs?

My husband of seven years has been having multiple online affairs. He says it is not cheating, but I think otherwise. Whats the opinion out there? If there is not contact its okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• That is cheating. I would start with a telationship counselor.
    Anonymous

• i would turn your internet off.. yes its cheating.. ask him how he would feel if you had affairs online which can lead to physical affairs. marriage counseling.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

•  Oh isn't that just what a man would say..It's not cheating, what? are you crazy?  Yea, I could hear it now. Give him a swift kick in the balls and say...What? I didn't touch you. He's not only a cheat but he's also a liar. Say BYE BYE.

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• yes it is cheating. Set up a phoney chat between you and some one and leave it on the screen so he can see it and see how he likes those apples.
    Anonymous

• I love that " swift kick in the balls and say "what i didn,t touch you" LOL
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• you should make the rules now.... however if he's in denial that he did anything wrong, he might not agree.

1) no texting on his phone..... period. have the service canceled. maybe even his whole cell phone

2) you'll look at his cell phone... not just the phone but the bill too since he can delete stuff

3) counselor of your choice

4) computer has a lock on it
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• When he said the words "forsaking all others" did he say under his breath "at least not having intercourse with them." Either he's a pure idiot or underestimates your intelligence by suggesting that if there's no contact, there's no romance, or that romance with other people is fine if there's no contact. There is no question, I would draw a strict line in the sand for him and say, "if you want to keep me, don't cross it. Period." Actually, I think I'd start by saying, "Honey, I'm going to take a little time off from being your wife to let you decide if you want me. If you do, work on this problem and we can't talk about getting back together. If you don't, we can say goodbye right now." There would be zero tolerance.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:44 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• that's cheating. before i married my husband i caught him having sex chat in his myspace emails. his excuse was, he let his friend used his myspace account to hookup with girls at 2-5am in his parent's house. I wasn't stupid enough to believe his story so i actually broke up with him. he then went to my parent's house to beg for forgiveness in front of my parents. i forgave him and now we've been married for two years. he is loyal from that day on. im not suggesting you should divorce him, but maybe you guys can work it out. try counseling i guess. or maybe tell him," if you do it, i can do it too", just to see how he reacts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Yes its cheating! If your DH thinks thats okay, whats not to say he'll think casual dating/sex is okay down the road. Personally if my DH did that I'd junk punch him, and then leave. Once a cheater, always a cheater has always been my saying.
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 12:41 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Get a lawyer

Answer by rkoloms at 5:49 AM on Feb. 28, 2010