fricking hate "winter' hubby

My husband does nothing in the winter but sit around in his recliner when he isn't working. ...in the spring and the summer and fall he is active, rides his bike, plays basketball, does all sorts of things...and is just all around a happier person...I love my summer hubby and can't stand living with the winter one.

Its like two different men. We live in Indiana and we both want to move to a warmer state, but until then...I can't stand winter, or my winter hubby. Does anyone else deal with this??
I have suggested that he join a gym and i have suggested that he go to a suntan bed and get white light on his face..I've suggested all sorts of things but he just wants to sit and watch tv and then lay around sluggish. I'm so sorry to sound like a bitchy wife, but I guess I am...

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I guess I wld just let him be and do your own thing. Go out w/ the girls or get a hobby. Hey it's better than him being out at a bar!
    Anonymous

• i'm the same way. it's the weather. the weather reacts to your moods. why do you think that on sunny, beautiful days we want to more active and outside, have a picnic or whatever, but on rainy days we feel as if it's one of those curl up on the coach and read a book and fall asleep while reading it days. winter sucks. i hate going out unless i have to.
    Anonymous

• Seasonal Affective Disorder.. A lot of people suffer from it. Look it up and see if it fits your Hubby...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• At least he does stuff the rest of the year. My husband just sits on the couch all year long. It could be the most beautiful day of the year and he's be inside playing xbox ignoring me and the kids. He never exercises or anything (just whatever activity he does at work). Eh. Whatever. It's his life, not mine.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2010