If you were asked to evacuate, like they asked along all Pacific shorelines today....where would you go?

Where would you go if you had to leave home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• depends how far we had to go - I live in VA right outside DC, I could go to family in GA, or FLA, or my best friends house in Clevland.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• We are in the best place. One of the reasons we left a major metropolitan city was because of that type of stuff, as well we do not live near water. We are in a very wooded rural and small town.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• ummm I guess to a hotel becausse I live across the country from any family who might be able to help me.
    Anonymous

• We're in Minnesota... NOTHING happens here. If it did, we have family in Ohio who'd be thrilled to take us in. They even have a guest cottage in back.... we'd be very comfortable for awhile til she drove us nuts, lol
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• i'm originally from Norfolk/Va Beach, Va, if we were still there we'd go to Mich where my mom lives. but now we're in Ky, so we're fine.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I live in PA and nothing happens here either, however, my parents live in Florida so they may have to come to our house someday, because they live only minutes from the beach.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I've had to evacuate before, from flooding in West Virginia back in the 90's when the county we were in flooded really badly to hurricanes when we were in FL.

Each time we've gone someplace different depending on where we were.

Right now, we're stationed in Japan - on the East coast of the the Aomori Prefecture, and we're under a Tsunami warning. They're saying now that the waves are supposed to be about 10 ft. We live about 15 miles or so from the coast, so we're not going anywhere. (And neither is anyone else on the base - we just had to make sure everyone was accounted for and that those that lived near the water were safe.)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:21 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• my whole entire family live here ( within 20 minutes of everyone) .... so I think we would all just pack up and travel to whereever was deemed safe, put our money together and get a place to stay
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:00 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• i REALLY DON'T KNOW, BUT THAT'S SOMETHING THAT WE ALL NEED TO THINK ABOUT.  i DO KNOW THAT I WOULD HAVE A FULL TANK OF GAS, CASH @ SOME SUPPLIES TO CARRY ME AS FAR INLAND AS POSSIBLE. 

Deborah111

Answer by Deborah111 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I have family along the evacuation route and they will always be welcome here, and if I were in their boat I have family I know I could rely on; that is what family is there for and I feel lucky I have a good support network especially in times of need.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 2:17 AM on Feb. 28, 2010