how long was it before you had your period after baby?

My baby is 2 1/2 months old...Im still breastfeeding and I havent had a normal period. Just wondering when I can expect it.

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 11:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• baby 1 (breast fed less than 3 weeks) period 3 months

baby 2 (no breast) about 7 weeks. but then my gall bladder blew and I was terribly ill/laid up for many months and it stopped again for almost 5 months or so
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• With my first two I did not get a period until I stopped breastfeeding them. With my third I got my period after he was 6 months old. I was still breastfeeding.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I didnt get one untill my Ds was about 8 months then I didnt have one again untill he was about 10 months.
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 11:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• do you mean how long it takes to regulate because you are on your period when you leave the hospital.
    Anonymous

• I nursed both my babies. However I got pregnant with #2 when my oldest was just 5 months old. I never got a period between them. But the little one was about 4 months old when I got it after him.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• "do you mean how long it takes to regulate because you are on your period when you leave the hospital."

Huh??

My DS is 5 months, EBF, and no period yet.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• i breastfed for two weeks, i got my period in 2 months
    Anonymous

• Yes, I mean the period that starts on its own...Not directly after the birth. EBF??
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• With my first I breastfed for 2 weeks and got it in 6 weeks. With my second I breastfed for about a month and I got it in 5 months.
    Anonymous

• Don't remember how long after the first kid I'd period.. Ny 2nd I didn't get my period until he was 6months old. I nursed oldest and am still nursing babay. It was the worst period I've ever had
    oddballj

Answer by oddballj at 12:00 AM on Feb. 28, 2010