How many of you were....

Virgins before you got married and how old were you? This not a bash post, but I wonder does that even exist anymore. I admit I am not married and I didn't wait. I gave it away because I was stupid and naive at the age of 21. If you didn't wait, what are your reasons?

Cappy1979

Asked by Cappy1979 at 11:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I didn't wait til I was married - I wish I had. BUT my hubby is the only man I have been with, so that I can be proud of. And I was 19 and had been dating him for 6 months.
    Jayme

Answer by Jayme at 11:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• well i will be the first to admit that i was a bit of a whore in my day...college just ate me up lol. i do think (now that i am 25) that the reason for this is comprised of 2 things. when i was 12 my dad passed away and my mom never remarried or even date until i was 17. also my mom never really took the time out to teach me about boys and relationships. she was old fashioned and wasnt comfortable talking about love and sex, her view was just dont do it! i was 17 when i began having sex, and in college i was having a lot of it! and never once thought about the consequenes. i never knew what dating was, bc i wasnt allowed to date, i only knew what boys taught me to do...lol which was sex.so if u have a daughter please be up front about everything with boys, love and sex!
    Anonymous

• 21? wow thats a long time! i was 16! & my reason? i wanted to do it b4 my friends did it, so i met a guy did it & ignored him & never returned his calls! lol! i was bad then! do i wish i would've waited, actually yes. i just wanted to do it & get it over with, it didnt mean anything to me. now im married to a wonderful guy!
    beachmom0703

Answer by beachmom0703 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• i didnt wait until I was married. I lost mine at 17. My husband gave me his, but we didnt wait until we were married. I dont know why I didnt wait. I wanted it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• i didnt wait i was 17, im 24 now. I have his daughter and we would still be together today but he passed away right after we found out we were expecting. He is the only one i have been with. wouldnt change it!
    Anonymous

• I lost mine at 16 to my first serious boyfriend and we were on and off all througout high school. I don't regret it, then I had more fun in college. I really can't imagine only being with one person and never having any other experiences but that is just me. Now I'm happily married.
    Anonymous

• I was 18 and lost it to my soon to be husband. I would not have had sex with someone I didn't intend to marry. I felt really strongly about it then. I do think if I had to do it over again I would have sex with at least a couple of other people before settling down. Now there is a tiny part of me that wonders what it would be like to sleep with someone else. My husband is a rockstar in bed, so I don't really think I missed anything, but I do sometimes wonder....
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Gave it up at 15 to my long term boyfriend, I was not married. However, I've been married to him for 10+ years now:)
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• didnt wait i was 17, im 24 now. I have his daughter and we would still be together today but he passed away right after we found out we were expecting. He is the only one i have been with. wouldnt change it!

I am so sorry this happened to you. How old is your daughter?
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• my dh and I both waited until we were married and lost it to each other. I had plenty of oppertunities to lose it with others but looking back on those I dated I amvery glad I didn't. I waited cause I just wanted to be with some who loves me and respects me and I wanted to be sure we could handle all that comes with it, and can come with it.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:17 AM on Feb. 28, 2010