At what age should I give my baby juice?

He's 8 1/2 months old now and knows how to use a sippy cup. Should I start juice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We waited until three to introduce juice, just as an occasional treat. Nutritionally, your child needs breastmilk and water.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• ditto
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• You CAN, but you don't need to. Water with meals is just fine. Juice has a LOT of sugar, and some juices have more sugar then some sodas! Stick with water if your child will drink it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Never. Juice is filled with lots of crap he doesn't need including sugar.I would do water instead, he doesn't need juice
    Anonymous

• I was told to give my daughter juice..in moderation of course, and not water. I buy the Gerber juice and just give her a little here and there. WIC told me not to give water unless it's a couple sips..something to do with too much water can harm a baby, which sounds silly to me, but I didn't want to do it incase it actually did harm her.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2010