whats the best birth control that you've aken that hasn't made you gain weight?

Have any of them helped you lose weight? We've been doing the pull-out method for 5 years now and its worked, thank God.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yaz
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Honestly, the best one for us was my dh's vasectomy. But then again, we knew we were happy with having our 2 kids and didn't have any big desire to have more.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:17 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• My husband's vasectomy. Seriously, I've been on 3 different pills, Nuva ring and currently have an IUD (which I'm getting out as soon as he is clear of sperm, he just got snipped). All have made me put on weight.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• armywife, wasn't yaz sued ? because I see it all over tv that its a bad birth control and got sued BIGTIME for deaths!

busylovinghim what birth control is FOAM? never heard of that:/

sailorwifenmom, what exactly do they do to a man with a vasectomy? do they have to cut one of his balls?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• yeah it's been sued for giving strokes, but i haven't had problems and some others i know on it haven't either.

as for the vesectomy, dh is getting one soon, no they don't cut the balls off, lol, they cut the vas, and tie it, so the sperm can't get into the semen. they have a new thing now where they can do it without the needle to numb you (that's the most scariest part i think, seeing the needle) but you have to check with your insurance to see if they cover it and the doctor to see if they're in that area of technology yet. it's new so most docs don't have it yet.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:35 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• NO SEX! I'm not sleeping with my So right now and so there is no way to get pregnant and I don't gain weight :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I practice FAM (Fertility Awareness Method). I've had really, really bad reactions to hormonal BCP before so I just stick with charting.

It's NOT the rythem method and it's more reliable than any birth control could possibly be.

Plus we get to have unprotected sex most days of the month without a fear of getting pregnant. I LIKE my husband cuming in me. I couldn't imagine having to deal with the "pull out method" AKA NO METHOD AT ALL for 5 years!! That must suck!!

Also you are EXTREMELY lucky. You might as well not be using anything at all. The "pull out method" has an 85% failure rate, meaning that 85% of people who used the pull out method got pregnant with in a year of using it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• TO SAILORWIFEMOM, THEY JUST DO SNIP, SNIP. THEY WILL BE SORE THAT DAY, BUT THE NEXT DAY THEY WILL BE READY FOR SOME ACTION. ACTUALLY OUR SEX LIFE IMPROVED.
    Deborah111

Answer by Deborah111 at 1:32 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• last annonymous what do u mean by no method at all for 5 years??? pulling out is a method!!!! and i'm proud to know my body can take the pull-out method and not get pregnant like that 85% you said that did. And why do you like for your partner to come in you? ew! I understand if you want a kid cause you got no other choice but other than that why, i mean if you like that warm liquid then just douche yourself! Fertility Awareness method theres more of a chance getting pregnant than the pull-out method! Just make sure your husband is fast enough to pullout on time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• GOSH fertility awareness method must suck! especially having to follow charts its like doing homework ugh how boring!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Feb. 28, 2010