Dh says he didn't want kids...

Tonight my dh tells me (after 6.5 yrs of marriage and 2 kids)that he didn't want kids until he married me. How would that make you feel? I am not sure how I feel.

hypersquirrel

Asked by hypersquirrel at 12:12 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• pretty good. i mean, you were so special to him that he wanted to settle and start a family. that's a good thing. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• My husband has always said he never wanted kids because he didn't think anyone would ever love him enough to have kids with him. I took it as a compliment that he loves me and he wanted me to have his kids.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:16 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• He didn't want kids until he met you?...meaning that after he met you (the RIGHT woman, the woman of his dreams, the woman that made him want a family) he fell so much in love with you that he decided that he wanted to start a family with you? Isn't that 100% normal? That is what usually happens...you don't want a family until you've met the right persn in life. Do people usually want to start a family with someone they don't like?

Why are you confused about that?
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 12:19 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• We had our kids after we were married . Also he had told me when we were engaged that he wanted to have kids.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Fine. It means that he changed his mind because of you and wanted you to be the mother of his children :) You showed him the qualities that he needed to see in order to feel safe having children with someone. You should feel proud that you changed his mind and that he loves his kids now. It's not uncommon not to want children right up until you have them!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• well sounds like your doing your job, heres a little something from me.............((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))) GOOD JOB MOM :)
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:21 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• He never told me about not wanting kids when we were dating and engaged he said he wanted kids I never knew until tonight that he hadn't wanted kids, until he married me.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:23 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• ...again...how does that make you confused? How else would you feel other than happy? Why would you ever be upset that he wanted to have kids with you?
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 12:29 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Well my dh didn't tell me before we had kids either. I found out when our oldest was three.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:29 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Because there have been a lot of things that he has lied about and I feel like I was lied too because this is something I feel should have come up when we talked about having kids. I would like to have known about it before I went and had 2 kids with him.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:42 AM on Feb. 28, 2010