im going out of town.... good mommie or bad????

OK so I'm going out of town for two days, I have an 11 month old baby, and I've never left his side.. For one is it right for me to go and also if i should go, How do i cope with it, i mean i haven't been able to go to the grocery store for longer then a hour going "i miss my baby"... So someone please help we're supposed to be leaving on the 27th of march and i want to know if I'm being a bad mommy before hand, it may sound silly.. but I'm a new mom whose still getting the hang of things!!!! LOL, Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• dont worry! you will be ok and so will your baby. we all have to do this at some point. you should be attached to him but you should be able to have fun too.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:29 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• BAD BAD BAD TERRIBLE!!!!!! LOL JK!!!!!! there is nothing wrong w/ that my husband came home from Iraq and we went for two nights just me and him to the beach and i left my 4 yr old and 1 yr old w/ my mom ( my awesome mom lol) and i just wanted to cry b/c i felt so bad but then i came home and realized how much i needed a break like that!!!! Have fun go for it ur not a bad parent b/c u take some time for yourself!
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 12:32 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• IMO..If it feels wrong, don't do it. If leaving your baby feels wrong then just don't do it...chances are that you'll just spend the entire trip just worrying about your child instead of having fun.

You could try leaving him with a baby sitter for short amounts of time at first and work your way up to the overnight trips. That would be better for the both of you.
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 12:45 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Personally, I never left my children when they were little. I was never keen on leaving my children with relatives when they were little or with a sitter. They grow up way too fast. The first time we left our children home alone they were 17, 15, 13 and 11. We had a baby-sitter stay here with them since we were gone over night.The next time we did it was in 10/08 when the younger 2 were 18 and 16 for an over night & then in 4/09 we left them for a weekend while we went across the country and then in June '09 we left our now 19yo (then 18yo) home alone while we went across country again but for a week that time. Wait until they are at least in their double digits and hire a sitter if they are under 17 but family vacations are MUCH better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• you will both be fine. i went to vegas with my husband when our son was about 15 months old. i was FREAKING OUT before we left. but my husband just reminded that we were leaving him with people we could trust (my in-laws) and he would enjoy the non-stop attention and change of scenery. sure enough, we got to vegas and everything was fine. my son had a blast, we had a blast, and the whole weekend was fine. yeah, i missed him and i had the urge to call my in-laws every 10 minutes, but i just kept reminding myself that they're responsible and love their grandbaby more than anything else.

the best thing you can do is just prepare. put together any stuff that your babysitter might need for your child (insurance card, letter authorizing them to seek medical treatment, etc) so that your bases are covered. then, just fake it till you make it.
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 7:08 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• My kids where older before I 'left' them. around 18 months or so and it was just over night. DO what you feel is right. Leaving your child in the capable hands of someone you trust is fine! In fact if you have chosen who you will be leaving your child with based on these things then you are a great mom!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:44 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• No one knows your circumstances better than yourself. Do what you think is right for your baby.

You really should make that decision on your own.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I feel as long as the child is with someone safe, who you trust, all will be well. When my 3rd was 5 mo old I left him at home with his dad for 2 days while I was up at the hospital with my dying grandmother. I know my son was well taken care of, and frankly my mom needed me more than my son did (as my mom was alone, my son had my hubs).
    If you are going to do an overnight away, then you should work up to it slowly, start by leaving him with that person for an hour to run errands, then 2 hrs and then maybe a few hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Go and have a good time. Taking some me time for yourself and your husband, a weekend away, is a good way to actually be a better Mom. You get to work on and concentrate on your marriage and if your marriage and partnership is better - so is your family. Two days will not be a problem if he is with people he knows well.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2010