has anyone ever had scabies?

I'm scared that I may have scabies, gross, I know, but I think my son may have it too. there's been a few nights where I've awaken itching like crazy. Now my son has a watery filled bump on his leg. Has anyone had it, can you tell me a little about it, what it looked like, etc.?

bianchi01

Asked by bianchi01 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Health

• According to Wikipedia, scabies leaves thin, red pencil mark lines on the skin and red marks from itching. There's pictures of the red scabies rash on Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scabies.

Why not see the doctor or urgent care center, sounds like you are very uncomfortable!
    nell_brinkley

Answer by nell_brinkley at 1:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I had it when I was 13 b/c I babysat some children that had it. I don't think you have it b/c if you did you would seriously know. First of all it is like lice all over your body so you scratch all the time not just at night. Then it looks like tiny red bumps or spots everywhere. (Like pimple size) I saw it on the children I was watching but was too ignorant to know that it was a contagious thing. They had it on their faces all the way to their toes. And I got it like that too but went to the doctor's office and got a prescription for it. And anyone you touch gets it. So wash your bedding and clothing as if you did have it and see if anything improves or gets worse. It definitely multiplies on your body quickly so you'll know if that is what it is.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• It usually is on the arms, legs, webs in between the fingers. Sort like long, scratches with dark entry holes. I would have the fluid filled thing looked at. Scabies is easily treated with an OTC product like nix or your doctor might prescribed something else. It could be fleas if it is more bite like. Check it out though because it may spread to others and need to be resolved.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 1:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My children had scabies they had to be treated with a cream rbbed all over thier bodies and washed off 8 hours later. even though the children had it the whole house had to be treated, all bedding washed, couch covers washed if possible and vacummed. anyone who came in contact with you should be treated.talk with your docter,good luck.
    AuntieVetta

Answer by AuntieVetta at 4:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I'd make sure it wasn't bed bugs too they can carry alot of diseases!
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 4:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• They don't always have to have red lines. That is only after they burrow under the skin. The start out just a red dot. Very itchy esp at bedtime. Very contagious. The doctor can do a simple test.... they scrape where it may be infected and look at it under the microscope. Only takes a minute. My dad had it and I was afraid he gave it to my baby, who has exema. I was afraid he had it and it all just blended in so they did the test. Thankfully it was negative, but I'd suggest you get it checked ASAP!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 5:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• my kids had it very easy to treat with a cream so go get chkd out
    cherri_bloss

Answer by cherri_bloss at 4:42 AM on Jun. 29, 2008