Does anyone ever have friends who only call you when they want something, like to borrow something, or to BABYSIT! Its so annoying! how do you deal with them???

IlovemyIsa

Asked by IlovemyIsa at 1:17 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• yes i do,i have one that talks about me and thinks idk and when she needs to do a craft or not wants to spend money but rather use my scrapbooking stuff she calls me.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Yes, it's so annoying!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• None of my friends have kids yet. I don't know how that is possible as I am 32 and most of my friends are around my age. :p
    It is a good thing a few of them are pregnant and/or trying to have babies. I make sure not to call them to babysit.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• yes i have a friend that calls usually to vent on me and any time i try to talk to her she never has time for me ... i just do wat she does to me ...give her a taste of her own medicine gwim?
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 1:38 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Those types of people aren't friends, they're users. They'll suck the life force out of you. I had a "friend" like this once and I eventually realized that it was in my best interest to cut ties with her. And you know what? I haven't even missed her "friendship." It was as if a huge mass was lifted from my shoulders.
    TattooedMommy04

Answer by TattooedMommy04 at 3:05 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Caller ID is a beautiful thing. I also always keep my mobile ph nest to the home ph. If my leacher rings I play the ringtone and say it is a business call, or the kids school, carer/ funeral home and get off the ph that way. Also a trick... say no three times in a row... you'll soon find out who is a friend and who is only after favours
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:24 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I have a "friend" like that. She's a taker with everyone though so I try not to take it personally.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 7:12 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Oh yes! You are not alone!
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 8:16 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Yep. I had one that thought that when we go out I had to pay for everything. Mind you she works and I don't . She plays the divorced card and I just gave up. I got so tired of her poor me and here I am in the poor house and I have to pay for her meal and drinks??? NOt..I would rather be alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• How do I deal with those type of people?
    I don't return their calls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Feb. 28, 2010