Could I be allergic to my cat?

I was playing with my cat and she was giving me little love bites they really didn't hurt she was scratching me too but lightly I guess she knew she had to be gentle but after I stopped playing I'd say about 10 minutes my hands and forearm started to feel really itchy...I wash my hands and forearms then I applied some GermX but it kept on itching so then I got a paper towel and dowst it with alcohol and started to rub on it after a while it stopped itching but what I want to know what the heck was all that itchy feeling I got...? Could I be allergic of my cat?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Pets

• I am not allergic to cats and I get that too. Keep an eye on it though, cat bites and scratches tend to swell up and become infected.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I get that also but am not allergic, iw ould say more irritated maybe by the saliva.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• its not a good idea to allow your kitten to start to bite or scratch u. cats r very difficult to disipline. its much better to not start a bad behavior then to have to correct it later. there r some good books in the library and they may halp u get a head start.
    Anonymous