How to wean from a bottle to a cup?

I tried to introduce a cup to my son and he literally ran, as if he knew what I was trying to do. lol Any advice on how to go about this?

Cappy1979

Asked by Cappy1979 at 1:29 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep trying. You might try just leaving it filled with water on the table and let him explore it at his own pace. You can also try one with a character he likes (or something that will catch his attention). Some kids accept new things faster than others just don't give up. you might try talking about how big boys drink out of big boy cups.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 9:44 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I just take the bottle away at 12mos.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Really cute cups. Tell him you will only use cups when you are out and bottles at home. When he gets used to that then he may be ready to give up the bottle. If he is over 1 give him only water in the bottle and cup, not milk.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2010