Would you ever....

...breastfeed another woman's child?...if the mother asked you to or if the baby was starving? Why or why not?

Mrs.Mack.

Asked by Mrs.Mack. at 1:44 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes I would have. I'm all done with that now, but while I was bf'ing I would have bf'd another child if it was necessary, probably not on a regular basis (like a wet nurse), but in an emergency situtation or if really needed, for sure. I always had lots of milk, and found bf'ing really easy so helping out another mom and baby wouldn't have been an issue.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:50 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I would.... if like, necessary. But not unless it was a severe obvious life/death thing.
    I wasn't able to breastfeed my own kids (son because of my acute renal failure and daughter 'cuz my morphine levels were too high for my breast milk to filter) so it'd be very strange for me to nurse someone ELSE'S infant
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:54 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• i would but only if the child was hungry but my mom and her sister had there kids a few days apart and my aunt couldnt produce enough milk at first and my mom produced more than enough so my mom had my lil bro on one tit and my cuz on the other but it was only for like the first 3 weeks then they were both bottle fed
    lilyrosemommy09

Answer by lilyrosemommy09 at 1:59 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• no, it doesn't feel right. i rather give the child some formula.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

what if you had no formula? would you let the baby starve?

Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 2:06 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• if the baby was starving then yes, but if the woman was beign lazy or something, no.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:58 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Yep, no problem, this was just the done thing 100 years ago - wet nurses were paid (well) for this service. It wouldn't bother me, If I can make a peanut butter sandwich, I could feed another baby
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:11 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Of course I would! What is more important than saving another's life?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Without a second thought!
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 10:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2010