Tubal ligation and periods

Ok so I got a tubal in may 2009, right after my last baby was born. I breast fed between 4 and 5 months... but it has been 10 months now and still not one period. Took a test and it is not another baby- anyone gone through this? I have no pain so I dont see a reason to call the doc.. hoping some wise women on here have an answer :)

MrsBowen333

Asked by MrsBowen333 at 3:04 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Health

• have had two tubals (long story LOL) but never skipped a period. Are you super fit, and exercising as that can affect periods, otherwise, I don't know
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:51 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Did u get the essure and had to get the depo that could be why.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:39 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• mamaofficer - I think she would've said she had Essure if she had gotten that done since that is different than a tubal ligation.

OP - I have heard of this happening. It is part of the post tubal ligation syndrome or something.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Well I know my periods have been getting lighter. I had mone done Aug 09
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I had my tubes tied as a separate operation, aside from child birth. I didn't miss a single period. It continues like clockwork. It's probably just not returned to normal yet due to childbirth.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2010