Is it bad for my son to sleep on my bed (non-firm mattress) even if i'm watching him?

I'm just worried that the bed might be bad for his back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is your son?
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 4:08 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• It should be just fine especially with you watching him.. if hes ity bitty make sure hes on his back.
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 4:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• We co-slept for almost a year and a half; my daughter's back is just fine...

Answer by rkoloms at 5:21 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• He will be fine, we have co-slept with all our babies and it is delicious. If he is tiny and you might roll on him, you need to set up a barrier for him, we used pillows but I think you can buy special things to go into the bed for baby. I'm a control freak so Baby was always on my side and we pushed the bed up against the wall so they couldn't fall out unless they roll over me and DH LOL.
    Your little guys bacj is perfect and flexible, the bones don't harden completely til 18 mths-2 years, don't worry, enjoy
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:07 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• We had a pillow-top mattress (not firm at all) when our DS was born. He slept in the bed w/us alot and he was okay...just keep him on his back. As long as you are watching him, I think it's fine. I wouldn't worry about messing up his back at this age.
    TristansMom440

Answer by TristansMom440 at 7:42 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• He's not heavy enough to worry about that.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:18 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I think he will be fine. My daughter took her naps on our bed until she started moving around. Now, I let her fall asleep on my bed, and i'll put her in her crib when she's been asleep for awhile. She will not sleep in her crib otherwise. Our neighbors co-sleep and ive heard alot about it...so i'm sure it's gotta be fine! ESP since you are watching him.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2010