Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it ok NOT to have "morning sickness" ?

and what is the rate of women who DONT get sick during there pregnancys? also if you didnt have it with your first or second pregnancy whats the chance of having it with your 3rd? thanks!

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

Answers (35)
  • haha lucky..I'm 99 percent sure.. how far are you?
    ChristianMamaO3

    Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 4:32 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

  • LOL yep perfectly ok, I had no morning sickness through all 4 pregnancies, didn't love the smell of cooking meat, but otherwise all okay, no nausea, not awful cramps, Braxton Hicks were gorgeous tight feelings like an inside out hug not uncomfortable, If the baby is happy, moving or has a good heartbeat when Dr listens stop worrying about it. This is YOUR story, no-one elses.
    myheartx4

    Answer by myheartx4 at 5:31 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

  • I think its ok. I know it would alarm me because with my first pregnancy I had none and it ended in a miscarriage. But I don't think no sickness is a sign of miscarriage. You should be fine.
    SalemWitchChild

    Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:05 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

  • My aunt and step mum both said they didn't have morning sickness. And all three kids came out ok. Aunt had 2, step mum had one. Lucky, lucky women both of them, as I have semi-severe morning sickness. On Zofran.
    kuriequinn

    Answer by kuriequinn at 8:16 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

  • I didn't have a single moment of morning sickness with either of my kids.
    slw123

    Answer by slw123 at 8:23 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

  • No morning sickness here. I had a perfect pregnancy, no complications at all. I now have a perfect 14 month old baby boy!
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

  • i think like 80% of women DO have morning sickness. so that leaves 20% who don't. i didn't with my first pregnancy, but did w/ my second.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

  • I am so jealous!! Consider yourself very fortunate! As far as having morning sickness with subsequent pregnancies, my morning sickness has been worse with each subsequent kid.
    missanc

    Answer by missanc at 8:52 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

  • its totally normal. I don't know the percentages, but it doesn't mean anything. you're no more likely to get it with your third than any other.
    mrs_pulley

    Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

  • Very lucky but totally normal. Each person is different when it comes to their pregnancies. I had really bad morning sickness with my first and then just slight nausea with my second.
    LokisMama

    Answer by LokisMama at 9:21 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.