What did you do at your one year old's birhtday party for fun?

We are having cake, obviously and I am giving little soccer balls for party favors but I was hoping to have at least one activity they might be able to try. All the babies that will be there are either a month younger or a month or two older so they are all around a year old and on different developmental levels of course so I dont know what to plan.

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 8:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We took a real laidback approach. We had a moonwalk that we bought (On sale at Academy for $99) , a small ballpit for the babies(Doubled as a birthday gift for DD) , beanbag toss(Another gift) , and different yard toys, trucks, shovels, things like that(That we already had) . We had our DDs party in the front yard. We just let them play and play the first few hours, and had refreshments during that time also. Then we had them all come over and get cupcaks while DD had her cake and opened presents, then they played more. When we were ready for everyone to go home, we started passing out the favors and other gifts. Everyone said it was a very relaxed party. Its alot easier to let little ones play on their own than to try to structure activities, I promise! And we wanted to be able to spend the party with our DD, not have to try to keep little ones in order for games and stuff.
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 9:10 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• We did nothing. There was no point. After the cake, my daughter fell asleep. 'Cause that's what babies too. And they get cranky if they're forced to stay up.
    Anonymous

• A ball pit sounds like a good idea.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 1:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• We rented a moon bounce, bubble machine, and cotton candy machine. It was a packaged deal. The theme was Dr. Seuss and the party was perfect. Tons of fun! Good luck!
    bellasmommy1008

Answer by bellasmommy1008 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 28, 2010