My daughter don't sleep well. what can i do?

My daughter born in the middle of confusion and abuses.
she is only 1 years old and probably this have affect her in some waythat i can't explain, but she usually don't sleep well. she only sleep if she is with me, but if i put her in her bed she cry and she don't stop, and because i feel so bad when she is crying i stay with her.
but she can be affect with the problem around her? i think she is young to understand when thing are not right...maybe i'm wrong.
what can i do that my daughter could sleep well?

i forget to tell that she usually watch me cry, i never cry around her, but since i came to a safe house that protect girls like me., i think more about the abuses... and so i cry more, because when i use to live with my husband he always was saying to me that more i cry more he beat me! so in his house i didn't cry.
i really need help, what can i do?

betinha

Asked by betinha at 8:23 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes a child can sense problems and stress but you can help her. this might help wear a tee shirt all day do not wash it next night put it between you and her when yoou rock her to sleep then when you lay her down keep the tee shirt under her head. she will smell you on the shirt and be comforted
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 8:47 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• It's fine for your 1 year old to sleep with you.

It may help you to get some counseling or to join a support group for women that have been abused.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2010