weight gain?

I am 24wks preggo with baby #2. i am small i am 4'11 and was 136lbs when i found out i was pregnant. i dont gain weight easily and during the first little while i had no appetite and lost some weight. my daughter was small and healthy born on her due date and she was 5lbs 9oz. she is now almost 5yrs old and just going to be small and petite.Anyway i went to the dr the other day and i only way 133 and the dr said something about my weight so i am assuming even though it wasnt said that i need to gain some weight. Any tips on packing a few pounds on? lol anyone had weight issues during pregnancy but everything was fine?

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 8:48 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm 5'2", weigh a little less than you, am 21 weeks pregnant and haven't gained a pound since getting pregnant - at my less visit I had actually gone down a pound. What exactly did he say about your weight? This is my 5th, and I've gained between 16-22 lbs with each of my previous pregnancies and never had a problem with my babies - they've all weighed between 7 lbs 7 oz - 8 lbs 9 oz. I consider myself fortunate that I don't gain a whole lot of weight, it's less for me to lose after! As long as you are eating healthy foods, and not going hungry then you should be fine.

Answer by missanc at 8:51 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• why would you need to gain weight? your 4'11 and 133lbs. im 5'3 and 98lbs. with baby #1 i went up to 136, and with baby #2 i went up to 122. youre already slightly on the overweight side. you dont need to gain a lot of weight. plus youll gain more towards the end anyway. just keep eating a ell balanced diet and do light exercise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• *well* balanced
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I had weight gain issues too. My midwife told me to drink those Ensure drinks 3 times a day along with eating normal meals and snacks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• im 20 weeks right now. im 5'9" and started out at 221, not i am 199. that is 22lbs LOST! but baby is happy healthy and growing just fine. my docotr said there is nothing to worry about unless it was affecting the babies developement.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:49 PM on Feb. 28, 2010