Delivery Tears

how long does it take for very small tears/stretching after childbirth to stop stinging after taking a pee?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Health

• like 2 days :( try using the dermoplast stuff I found it worked great
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• took mine about a week. the stretched part was the worst! hurt more than the actual stitched part!

that little squirt bottle they gave me worked wonders though! fill it with some cool water and rinse. once the stinging is gone, you can use the warm water that they tell you to use.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I experienced a fourth degree rip and also had to have an episiotomy. The stinging didn't seem to last too long but I had the worst bruising. My son came out upside down so during delivery he got caught on my pelvic bone. THe pressure on my behind was terrible; it looked as though I'd bent over and someone smacked me square on my crack with a ball bat.

Just remember to use the witch hazel pads; they will help promote healing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Feb. 28, 2010