Brazilian wax+spotting= ???

I have an appt for my first brazilian wax coming up on Tuesday. I'm wondering if I should cancel it. I had an IUD put in a couple months ago and i'm still spotting a little bit. I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear a tampon and still get my wax done, but I don't want to gross out the person waxing me!

What are your opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Think about what they do for a living... I wouldn't worry about it.
    If it bothers you that much, ball up the tampon strings and just 'hide' them... It's not as though they'll get lost inside of you.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:45 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Okay I'm gonna be real straight with you here. Are you %100 POSITIVE that where you are going is following all the state laws and sanitation procedures? Here's why. They tried to ban brazillian waxes because people were catching herpes. They were double dipping the wax, and the wax became contaminated. As a professional I am leary of brazillians because of all the bacterial contact involved. It would seem pretty gross to be spotting or wearing a tampon while they did the service because you are still coming in contact with bloodborne pathogens. Second you could be exposing yourself to bacteria while your cervix in open from an iud. I would rethink this,
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:45 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I do waxing for a living and have had experience with brazilians. There is a reason I don't do them.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't do it. Sounds like a huge waste of money and very risky. And who wants a stranger doing something with their crotch? Ewwwww. No, I would just shave the margins,edges where the bikini line is, not wax or shave the whole thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• OUCH! that is all I can say. Just OUCH! You are one brave momma.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• honestly it would be best for you to buy your own kit and have your dh do it for you. don't use the wax from someone else doin a brazillian on someone else. that's nasty
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 7:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• you will be ok. Just cut the hair short (not shave) you do not want to long hair, the pulling of long hair will hurt.

I started waxing at home it is cheaper.( With out the strips).
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2010