B4 you jump I'm not saying ALL single mom's! Does it seem like some single mom's play victim?

I know everyone's journey is different so I'm not talking about all single moms. But there is this one type I notice. "he's such a jerk, he doesn't pay, he doesn't care" Then why did you have sex with him and have his child? It just seems like some people complain that they have to take care of the child on their own(that's great for the child's self esteem)bag on their father(whom they chose to have sex with and I'm sure there were TONS of red flags showing how irresponsible he was to begin with). Or the single mom tries to punish him in her own way, making him unhappy, not letting him see the child, or making him pay child support to get back at him, not because it's the best thing for the child and the right thing to do. Maybe if women would find their true self worth and value themselves as a human being, they wouldn't have sex with such losers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maury!!!!
    elena_rae

Answer by elena_rae at 10:17 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I agree in some form. It seems like sometimes we tend to focus on the dad and what he's dong and not doing and not being accountable for ourselves and our own aactions. I had sex and got pregnant. With my son, ex told me he didn't want anything to do with it. I made the choice to have him, keep him and take care of him. I can't control what he does. I focus on my child not him. The rest to me is just unneccecary bs.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• True
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Not all men show their true colors from the begining so I agree with parts of your post but not all. They should not use the child against the father or talk bad about the father around their child. BUT if they get NO HELP they are doing it on their own and thats very very hard! The dad need to pay something and thats why child support is there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• No. Believe it or not, there are not always red flags. Not every worthless guy shows it. Even if he did show what a jerk he is and she slept with him anyway, he should not have to pay child support? She should be responsible for everything, including every shred of raising the child and he should have to do nothing? That is wrong. While I think it's all how you hande it, life is what you make it and all that, I'm sure it is mentally and physically exhausting to be a single mother knowing the father wants nothing at all to do with his own child and his share of the responsibility. I do think the mother is entitled to her venting, and if she doesn't want to say, oh well, he is a bum and it's okay for him to skip out, then she should be able to.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• you know what, not everything is so cut and dry and most of he time having both parents in a kids life life can be by far worse. kudos to moms that take on that responsibility, because sure men will sweet talk all they want but -some men- they don't take care ofwhat they created and it makes us women mad and we get vindictive thatts all ur describing. i'mglad you have your cookie cutter life with a husband that you just adore and beautifull chil/dren and stick to what you do undersand, because you have no idea what ur talking about and how stressfull of a situation it reallly is
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 10:35 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I agree to an extent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• We all have to deal with the handle the cards dealt to us with grace and courage. It is not only single Moms that play the victim, but many people that play the victim.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:52 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Having a child should be a decision that two people make together. Many single mothers think a man forced to become a father will "come around"; it is a cruel thing to do to a child

Answer by rkoloms at 10:57 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I agree 100%!!! I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone who makes the choice to have unprotected sex with a loser who doesn't have a job, treats them like dirt, has no intention of marrying them, then dumps them like a hot potato when they get pregnant. You make choices in life and you reap the consequences of those choices. Unfortunately, the children that you bring into this screwed up mess have no choice. They didn't ask to be born and THEY are the ones who suffer for your immaturity and irresponsibility. I feel sorry for the kids, not the mother. Sadly, so many women use their children to get sympathy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Feb. 28, 2010