with my baby coming in july how do i get my two dogs to stop barking at everything?

jfrancis91680

Asked by jfrancis91680 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Pets

• you cant, the baby will adapt.
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• The baby will probably be used to it from hearing it in the womb. I would work on it, but not worry too much if they don't stop.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:36 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• An anti bark citronella coller might help. I would start with just one and try it on both dogs to see if it they react to it and if it works get a second one. It will not stop the barking completely, but it should help get it under control. It is not a shock collar but it does spray a non toxic citronella spray that startles them. The Baby will adapt to it though.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• When you come home ignore the dogs when they bark. When they stop barking greet them and give them lots of attention. It will take awhile but they will get the idea that they will get attention if they are quiet when you come home through the door.

Then do that with them when they bark when others come over. Ignore bad behavior, praise and reward when they are quiet. You can use a clicker to make training go even quicker.

We were even able to train a golden retriever lab mix we had that was dumb as a box of rocks. One of my sons worked nights and came home at 6:30. The dog loved him and loved going in the back yard with him. At the time we had a 3 generation home with 8 people including a baby living in one house. People were working different shifts and we needed the dog to be quiet all the time.

You will no longer have guard dogs.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:39 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• watch the dog whisper, ceaser milain. he is very good with solving these problems and has written some books that i bet u can get at the library.
    Anonymous