has anyone tanned while pregnant or know someone who did?

I did about 4-5 times b/c i was getting married and i wanted to get my acne on my shoulders and back cleared up.. it always works for me. The doctor gave me the ok as long as i did it once a month and no longer than 10-15 minutes depending on the beds. has anyone else tanned like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• tanning is very bad for the baby my sister went every other day or every 2 days until she was like7.5 months she would have kept going except the dr told her she needed to stop going and when she was still going after the dr told her not to I told my mom which she didn't say anything my mom was taking her tanning so I told my grandma she told my mom to stop taking her until after she had the baby...But no the tanning bed are very dangerous to an unborn baby. My aunt not sure if this is what caused it or not, but she went tanning all the time throughout her pregnancy and she has a 8 year old now with cyrbal palsy
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I never tan while pregnant. I KNOW a girl who went the whole time at least 5 times a week for 12 minutes.... irritated me to be honest i mean she had to tan almost everyday????? ugh!

But to answer your question- nope :)
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Why would you want to tan in the first place? Do you have any idea how much damage you're doing to your skin? I've seen the effects of people who tan all their lives. By 40 years old, they look like an old leather purse and have aged themselves 15 years. It's disgusting. Have fun with skin cancer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I tanned everyday in the sun while i was preggers with my first child. Never in the tanning bed. I always covered up my belly.
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 12:51 PM on Feb. 28, 2010