Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

attn military wives i need help

my ex just joined the army does anyone know how long it takes before my son can get benefits? also what happens if he doesn't pay child support? we have have a court order for cs and he is ordered to provide medical ins for our son.(we went to sourt in nov still no payments child support enforcement is about to suspend his dl will this even affect him now )


Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • hahahaha! he is now screwed. contact the child support office and tell him he is in the army now. also call his chain of command and tell them that he hasnt payed child support. He WILL be forced to pay. if he doesnt they will take it all out of his check until he is caught up. even if that means that he get 5 cent paychecks.

    Answer by KJ_on at 12:51 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

  • As soon as he is in basic training, you should be able to enroll him in DEERS. Once he is in the DEERS system then he will be able to get medical. As far as the child support goes, if you have to go to court again, you can see if they will garnish his wages. The best thing from him to do is to go to the finance office and set up an allotment for child support. Only he can do that though.


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

  • I'd tell him to get to finance and have that taken care of asap. Maybe he joined the Army to be able to provide all those things so it would be a shame for him to be punished for trying to do the right thing. He also needs to contact the CS office and let them know so they won't take his DL.

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

  • i asked the question

    the cs order is to garnish his wages and to quote the ex "i joined so i could support my wife not your kid" i have already contacted the cs office and let them know that he's at basic but they said he's in default and its not my choice it the d.a's
    i don't want him to get in trouble i just want him to do his share ( i'm hoping that he will grow up while in the service and maybe being around other men who are missing their kids will make him see what he is missing and that yes his new wife is important but his son needs him too)

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

  • His new wife better get used to falling in second place...hes now in ereers...

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

  • call his command with his full name and social. trust me they will set him straight

    Answer by KJ_on at 1:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

  • The military will not let him get away with not providing insurance for his child and they will garnish his wages for child support. All you need to do is make a court date and have him be there. If he refuses to pay or be there contact his change of cammand (the soldiers over him) and it will all get straightened out. The military is real good about making them pay child support nd providing for thier kids.

    Answer by theladybugscafe at 7:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2010