Whats a good song for a memorial video?

I had a friend who was 25 yrs old who was murdered a few weeks ago. I told her family that I would make them a slide show of her pictures and I'm having a hard time finding a song that's right for her. Any suggestions?

ellegrl

Asked by ellegrl at 12:44 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• These songs are older, but Elton John does "Funeral for a Friend" and Neil Young has one called "Long May You Run".
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 12:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• "I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLachlan
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 12:51 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I want something thats girlie or sang by a girl. i will remember you by sarah m is about love between a man and a woman. Its so hard to find a song about someone who has died.
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 1:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I can't think of a girlie song or one sung by a girl but my favorite song that was sung for a memorial for many who died was I want to go Home by Michael Buble.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I'm very sorry about your friend, esspecially being so young... my brother was killed at 26 and 2 very special songs are "time of your life" by Greenday (it's real title is good riddance but dont judge it by its title) another one is Cat Steven's "Oh very young" not sure if thats the correct title though... but google them and take a listen... hope you find the perfect song though. Stay strong
    tam25

Answer by tam25 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Of course if she's not a Christian and doesn't consider "home" being Heaven & with family then that might not work.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Didn't Eric Clapton write a song for his son when the son died? When I see you in Heaven or something like that? Again, it's a Christian song of Heaven so not sure if it would apply

Answer by admckenzie at 1:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Maybe you could google memorial songs and find what you are wanting it to say

• Somewhere Over the Rainbow Louis Armstrong ( or any version of this song), You Raise Me Up, Gentle Women...Google these and listen to them. Sorry for your loss.
    Anonymous

• how about one of her favorite songs? that could be a memorial in and of itself without having the "mournful" part of it... you was to remember her life and be grateful for the time that you had with her... (of course, this is what i hope people do for me. i don't want people crying because i'm gone, i want them to be glad for the time i was with them.)
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 1:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2010