Offered a job.

My husband got a call from my cousin in Canada and wanted to know if he wanted a job that will pay $80.000 a year. But the problem is that we are expecting our 4th child in june. We got 2 kids in school in Mount Carmel Pennsylvania. What would you do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• Weigh the options, is the job going to have job security! Is the pay a great increase?! If the job falls through will you be able to find something else quickly in the same area, or will you be able to afford to move back...answer those questions...and see if its a good idea for your family! I dont know how old your other kids are, but to me, bettering your family financially is usually worth the move, IF it will be dependable! Wouldnt want to move and end up worse off!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• is that 80,000 canadian or american?

if it's Canadian, that means it is about 75,000 USD

you also need to figure out how much houses and mortgages cost in Canada
    the cost of moving that far
    cost of living there. just milk is about twice the price in Canada as it is here.
    Anonymous

• Does he have family there? If so, it could benefit in helping with your kids when the 2 of you want to go out on a date, carpool, etc
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 1:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I would TAKE IT!
    But you're the only one who knows the intricacies of your personal situation...
    Anonymous

• If he needs a job, take it.
    Anonymous

• Remember free health insurance in Canada.. Have friends moving there this month for a better job too.. Weigh out the pros and cons and see what you come up with.. Not an easy decision to make.. Good luck..
    halleyquinn

Answer by halleyquinn at 3:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2010