she wants to sing at my wedding

I have a friend who volunteered herself to sing at my wedding as I walk down the aisle. She sings nice but I plan on having a CD or someone else do it. My friend can sing at the reception if she wants. What is a kind way of letting her down?

lich663

Asked by lich663 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell her that you'd love for her to sing and you have the perfect spot ready for her at the reception. Say it with enthusiasm so she will be enthused as well

Answer by admckenzie at 1:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I don't think that's letting her down. She will still be singing. Just let her know your plans in a nice way.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Say that you would love to have her sing at the reception but you already had someone for your walk down the aisle, or that you didn't need someone for that part. Good luck whatever you do don't insult her just kindly nudge her away from it, or don't bring it up and she may forget.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 1:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• just tell her that you and your fiance already had planned something else for your walk down the aisle, but that you would love to have her sing at the reception :)
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2010