Ok I am wanting to know if there is any way that I might be able to have a baby without having a period.?

I have only had about 9 periods my whole life but I was told that I had a 50-50 chance if I ever got pregant. So that is why I am on here wanting to know if there is anyone out there that might be able to give me some answers or even some help on what to do. And if I did become pregant how would I tell with no periods?

hope2bsumdaymom

Asked by hope2bsumdaymom at 2:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You don't need a period to get pregnant, you need to ovulate. It's possible, it happens but it's hard to know if your ovulating (or if you're pregnant) if you aren't having regular cylces. Why don't you have regular cycles? I would recommend discussing it with your doctor and possibly getting on something like chlomid to regulate ovulation.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 2:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• You may be able to take the birth control pill for a few months and then when you come off of it you may ovulate. I had hormone problems and that was how I was able to make ovulation come so I could get pregnant.

You need to see a doctor.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• If you're not bleeding you're not ovulating. It's possible to catch an egg when you don't have regular cycles, but you don't just ovulate all the time and not bleed. If you ovulate, unless you concieve, you WILL bleed. However, all bleeding episodes do not necessarily mean that you ovulated.

First you need to know why you're not ovulating. Is it because your body fat percentage is too low? Is it because it's too high? Is it because of polycystic ovarian syndrome? Is it a hormonal imbalance? There are lots of reasons this could happen. You should have an idea of what's causing this.

If it's because of hormonal imbalances, PCOS, etc, Clomid has helped a great many women start ovulating and to concieve. This is usually preferred to the birth control method that Gailll mentioned. Talk to a fertility specialist about your problems, and I'm sure you can find a way :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I'd be really concerned about your health, not just your fertility, since you aren't having regular cycles. Have your doctor do blood work to check your hormone levels, especially your prolactin and estrogen. Also, have your doctor do an ultra sound of your reproductive organs. When my cycle was all messed up, an ultra sound discovered a lot of polyps in my uterus. I had them removed and it straightened out my cycles.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• While PCOS and weight can all have an impact, age and thyroid are even more important. The first step is actually to see if you CAN have a period, and it can easily be determined by taking a few pills and seeing if you have a period afterwards. If you can, than this is probably something that can be corrected by then checking your thyroid, prolactin and actually, it's FSH/LH levels not estradiol. These latter two determine if you may be prematurely menopausal, which would prevent you from having menses or conceiving. However, if instead you do not bleed after a pregesterone withdrawal (the pills) this is much more concerning and a much more in depth work-up. The right answer is to make an appointment with an OBGYN and have a thorough evaluation. If you do not have insurance or cannot afford care, you may want to contact your local health department to start an evaluation
    DrMueller

Answer by DrMueller at 3:51 PM on Feb. 28, 2010